Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Grace & Joe: Married!

I first knew of Grace through her brother, JJ; back in our college days, when JJ & I both attended Roberts Wesleyan & ran in the same circle of friends. I remember hearing bits and pieces about his home, and knew he came from a close knit, fun-loving family.


So 6 years later, when Grace first approached me about photographing her wedding in Pittsburgh, I knew I wanted to do it. After many emails with Grace, learning about her & Joe through her words, my initial gut instinct was quickly confirmed, that yes, this couple was a good match for me, and yes, this wedding would be my honor to be a part of.


Last Friday I woke to storm clouds, and as I stretched out of bed, I prayed: "Dear God, please keep the rain away today." I've prayed that same prayer many wedding day mornings, and as always, God blessed us with a beautiful raindrop-free day. I met with Grace & her maids in the afternoon & we were off on a whirlwind of activity, joy & excitement!


Grace & Joe had planned to pray together before the ceremony, but knew they didn't want to see each other & had come up with a way for them to meet, hold hands, pray, and still keep hidden. It was a beautiful moment for me to witness, and set the tone for their ceremony ahead.


Grace & Joe's pastor gave a powerful invitation opening the service, inviting us to see God, to celebrate His faithfulness, and join with this couple in a heart of worship. I was brought to tears many times throughout the ceremony, which only increased when Grace's Dad lead them through their vows & gave his blessing over them. I left their ceremony with a full heart, knowing that indeed, God had been among us, and our time together that afternoon had been blessed.


The Bridal Party & I went on to a nearby park where we decided it was time to have a little fun. This group of guys & girls were so much fun to work with & I want to thank them for their willingness to try new things & enjoy themselves in front of the camera. I love when couples give me creative ground to work with, and I loved my time with Grace & Joe.


The evening was wrapped up with amazing dance moves, lots of laughter, sentimental tears & thoughtful toasts. It was clear that everyone in attendance loved this couple dearly, and truly entered into the celebration of their new life together.


Grace & Joe: Thank you for inviting me to capture your day. Thank you for sharing your life with me, and allowing me the pleasure of entering into your joy. God bless you on your path ahead, may you always seek Him first & know the power of His favor.

Happy honeymoon & enjoy this sneak peek!











No comments:

Post a Comment