Monday, October 7, 2013

Ciaran James: 18 days old!

To say that I'm close with my family would be an understatement. We celebrate together, cry together, pray together, share life, share joy, share sorrow, share milestones. We are a family built on faith and love, and that love is what holds us together.

So when my brother got married, I gained a sister, and when they got pregnant with their first baby, we were over the moon with excitement. Then came baby #2, and baby #3, and still the joy and excitement grew with each new life. Each new personality seemed to be the missing piece to our family, each one fitting perfectly into our puzzle.

My life has changed a lot in this last year, with marrying Andrew, and becoming a Mom to two girls myself. I'm not always able to take the time I'd like to travel to see my family, and I've even had to accept that sometimes, I will miss a birthday party with the distance that separates us, and the busy schedules that seem to consume our lives. But even when I'm physically away, my heart is still present, sharing in the joy that is family.

3 weeks ago, my sister in law gave birth to Ciaran James, baby boy #4. Unlike the first 3 births, I was absent from her bedside, and wasn't able to meet my nephew until this past weekend. My heart broke knowing that I was missing this huge milestone, but I gave it over to God, knowing that the place He has me now is the place I need to be.

So this past weekend, work brought me to Rochester, and that meant I was finally able to visit my brother's home, reconnect with my other 3 nephews, and finally, hold baby Ciaran. He is such a sweet baby, and it didn't take me long to fall in love.

Of course, while there, I needed to do a [few] portraits to capture the milestone. I know these images are precious to me, and remembering this baby boy, but I hope they'll also be special to his parents, and my parents, and the family that loves him so much.































No comments:

Post a Comment