Tuesday, January 31, 2012

From My Family to Yours!

November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving weekend at my house always means large family gatherings, traditional meals, too much baking, football, relaxation, laughter, (a little holiday stress- because let's be honest, that many people in one house can add a little stress) reminiscing, Charlie Brown, and of course, (now that I have my way)- a Family Photo! :)


Family Photo time is stressful for me, and I have no idea why. I do this all the time for other people, but when it comes to my own family, I have a hard time getting the image I want. It may be because I'm in it, or because I have to set my camera up on a tri-pod and leave the shutter on timer and hope for the best, or it may be because my expectations are too high. I expect everyone to love picture taking time as much as I do...and sometimes, that just isn't the case. So to my family, I apologize, but some day, you will thank me for all the photos I force you to be in. And also, thank you for putting up with me, my outfit arrangements, cold weather outdoor shoots, crying children, and general stress- just so we can get that one image to remember our year, I appreciate your patience! :)


I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday with friends and family, and had time also to take in all the goodness and blessings around you this year! And as we enter into my favorite season of all, I'd like to wish you all a Merry Christmas, from my family, to yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment