Saturday, October 29, 2011

Becky & Kyle: Sneak Peek!

August 23rd:

Traditionally, when a couple is planning a wedding, I am contacted by the bride, asking package information, my availability and talking excitedly about all the small details. However, for this wedding, I was first contacted by the groom's younger brother, Ryan. See, Ryan and I grew up together, and he wanted me to photograph his brother's wedding.

I grew up in a small town along the ocean in Maine, and I try to get home every couple of years, so when Ryan asked if I'd consider coming home to shoot the wedding, I of course, said yes! We started planning in November, so I'd been looking forward to this wedding for a long time!

Last weekend, the day finally came, and I made the long journey home. Though rain threatened their day, Becky & Kyle were confident everything would work out, and went ahead with their plans for outdoor portraits. We met at Cascade Park before the wedding to shoot their formals, and I'm so glad we did! Not only was the park beautiful, but having a sneak peek before the wedding really helped this couple relax and have fun! Becky repeatedly told me how much of a stress relief it was for her, so if you're thinking about going this non-traditional route, take her experience into consideration!

This wedding was extra special because I've known the groom's family for so many years, and it was a great day of laughter, and reunion with them! Thank you, Mitchell family, for having me, and for letting me celebrate with you! Enjoy your sneak peek! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment