Saturday, October 29, 2011

Danielle & Jeff: Engaged!

October 19th:

I love that my job brings me all over the state, and to new places every week. I never get bored. There's something exciting about shooting at an unknown location, with elements that are out of my control. I love walking into a situation, seeing the beauty, and making it work.


This Monday, I got to take a drive up north to Old Forge to photograph an engagement session for Danielle & Jeff. Danielle & I had talked and decided her parents home on First Lake would be an ideal location to meet, with their beach access and woodsy environment, plus, Jeff had proposed on a lakeside beach, so being at the waterfront was perfect for them. Though the skies were overcast, and the wind was cold, the lake was beautiful, and the trees had just enough color left on them to add beautiful pops of yellow and orange.





I loved hearing the story of the orange sign.....Jeff made the amazing "Danielle Will U Marry Me" sign with the intention of placing it out in the middle of a lake on a large rock, where she would see it casually, but once the sign was in place, the wind kept blowing it in the water, and Jeff had to improvise by placing it in a boat...Danielle of course said yes, with tears in her eyes, and friends and family close by to help them celebrate. And to this day, Jeff still gets teased for not using punctuation on the sign! I guess he didn't need a question mark, he knew she'd say yes!






 


I had a lot of fun with this couple, and give them a lot of credit for looking so carefree and cozy in these pictures! Thanks so much for having me up, guys & for telling me your story! Enjoy the images!

No comments:

Post a Comment